Monday, December 7, 2009

Super fresh impressions from the COY by SCI delegates:


Did it ever happened to you that you are going to an unknown place with an unknown people with mixed and undefined expectations and after two days you think „Wow, this is exactly where I should be!“.That was my first impression on Conference of Youth (COY). So many people with different backgrounds that gathered around the same idea, so much energy and knowledge... WOW... and it was organized by volunteers! All I can say is - don't miss it next time...
Sonja
Art & Activism & Actions
After 30-ish hours of doing every yoga (and beyond yoga) position, trying to sleep in the train, we arrived to Copenhagen and COY!
So many young people, so much things happening in the same time! Where to go first? What to do? I was kind of lost - how could I really contribute, do I really know what I want to hear???
So I chose Arts & Activism workshop and, boy was it a right choice at the right time!
Woke up in a jiffy, dancing and singing with all those colorful people…

BUM ! BUM ! BUM ! IT'S HOT IN HERE! THERE'S TOO MUCH CARBON IN THE ATMOSPHERE ! TAKE ACTION, TAKE ACTION, AND GET SOME SATISFACTION! BUM ! BUM ! BUM ! THE GLOBE IS MELTING, THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING …

These were just some of the chants and songs people shared while telling about their actions and plans! I for one, never saw people dancing dramatic ballet on African chants … it was so inspiring!

I can’t wait for tomorrow and the BIG ACTION at the Bella Center at 13 o’clock. Organized by AVAAZ it should really open the conference in a way that will make great introduction and perfect space for all the other amazing actions planed!
Lea

COY day 2
More than 12 000 observers registered!!! Among them more than 2000 youth!!! //Workshops in the morning (REDD, LULUCF, CDM, UNFCCC, YOUNGOs and all other sexy acronyms), another EYCM meeting and open space sessions in the afternoon again on many different topics related to the negotiations, climate movement and climate justice.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for these great impressions, it allows us to imagine what is looks like! I'm looking forward to being there too!

    ReplyDelete